Applying The Drucker Approach To Reinventing Government Agencies
Much of this e-book series is devoted to the teachings of Peter F. Drucker. Our many discussions with government leaders revealed most are not familiar with the prolific work of Drucker – especially, his principles, practices and structured methodologies for enabling government agency executives to meaningfully reinvent their organizations.
The coming rediscovery of Drucker’s pioneering work in government-agency management is a hoped-for goal of this e-book.
Drucker provides answers to many of the mission-critical questions every government agency executive must now address.
What you’ll learn:
- Why the deficit could grow explosively in the near future and force Congress to issue more budget-cutting reforms.
- Peter F. Drucker’s five prescriptions for reinventing government agencies for the 21st century.
- How to mobilize your agency for re-engineering mission-critical processes to meet new performance standards.
- How to put into practice OKR (Objectives, Key Results) – the latest, most powerful method yet for developing mission-driven objectives and an accompanying scorecard of performance measurements that can move a government agency toward its goals.
- How rethinking government agency practices (if done systematically and purposefully) could lead to substantial cost savings that could quite possibly produce enough savings to eliminate the federal deficit within a few years.
- And much, much more!
This e-book serves as the preamble to our upcoming conference, Execute Government Reform: Tools, Techniques and Technologies to Ensure Mandate Compliance and to learn how to apply the works and teachings of Drucker into operating reality.
*Management Matters Network and its affiliated entities are not affiliated with, licensed or sponsored by, The Drucker 1996 Literary Works Trust, The Peter F. Drucker and Masatoshi Ito School of Management, or The Drucker Institute.*